Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley Has Passed Away

I was called by Thomas Odenwalder who had been text messaged by his sister in Utah that President Gordon B. Hinckley, head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints passed away. Details can be found here.

I know I will see President Hinckley again, but in the mean time I will miss him greatly. There is no question that he will go down in history as one of the greatest Prophets of the Church. His legacy of temple building, his soft words, his great and loving heart marked his stewardship of the LDS faith. A gentle man and a gentleman who presided over the greatest growth of the Church, he was 97 years old.

I'm glad he is back with his wife, whom he missed greatly.


Updated: Identified the friend who called (Sorry Thomas) and bring the post in line with the English language (as it now stands)

2 comments:

Thomas said...

While I agree with your sentiment, I was the friend who called, and 'texted' is not a word... Have a good one.

Patrick D. Boone said...

That should teach me for posting in a hurry, I shall go forth and give credit where credit is due. And try to figure out an appropriate replacement for "texted". Either that or claim I'm starting a whole new vocabulary for the modern world. I still think Neeks and Gnerds should be incorporated into the language.