Monday, July 11, 2011

Turn, Turn, Turn

One thing is constant in life and that is change. That scares a lot of people but it is like death and taxes in that it is unavoidable. To me, it keeps life interesting or at least not boring.

Yesterday, the La Crosse Ward saw a change in leadership. Bishop Steven Sorensen was released after four years and having to manage the incredibly difficult task of merging two units. That is an unusual place to be put in, to say the least. Hopefully life will be a little easier for Bishop Sorensen and his wife – they have earned it.

Matt Baker was called to be the new bishop and he will do a good job. I had the pleasure of working alongside him in the La Crosse 2nd Branch presidency and he is a standup guy. Things will be different as they always are with a bishopric changeover, so it will be interesting to see the changes. My prayers and best wishes go to Bishop Baker and his wife.

Meanwhile, we continue to get thunderstorms tromping through on a nearly daily basis. This morning had another one I was vaguely aware of; too much weekend wore me out and not even an earthquake could have gotten me up. A little change in the weather pattern would be nice.

I’m planning to get a Blu-ray drive before the year ends. Not having a lot of money and the unexpected expense of a new backup drive has derailed discretionary spending for the month. Reviewing TRON: Legacy made me really want the extra resolution since some of the screen captures would make great desktop wallpaper. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be. With Blu-ray’s getting much cheaper and dual packs with DVD more common, it is a step I need to take.

This week is the anniversary of the opening stages of the Battle of Britain, so I think I’ll watch the film of the same name again and review it. While I love the series Fractale, I’m getting burned out reviewing science fiction and fantasy. Time to dig out some old favorites for a change of pace.

No comments: