Monday, October 10, 2011

Health 10-10-2011

It can be hard to collect one’s thoughts when you feel lousy and have a headache to boot, but here goes.

I am now at the 25 drops three times a day point on the H2O2 therapy and that level will last for a while longer than the norm. While not 100% effective, it has reduced IBS symptoms by at least 95% in occurrence and significantly lessened the severity. That alone makes it a success in my book. The nausea is not improving though.

I dread drinking the concoction and am now using Sunny D to flavor the water. Why? I hate the stuff and I was beginning to have a visceral reaction to fruit juice. So Sunny D is something I do not like anyway, but still tastes better than the straight water with the peroxide in it.

Other benefits experienced include sinusitis symptoms lessening, but not going away. It is strange being able to breath through the nose while suffering them, I must say. Breathing in general is easier, much to my surprise. Walking is easier, which is a welcome change.

Energy levels have been slowly rising to the point I am starting to enact some long planned changes in lifestyle, with a resumption of hobbies being a big part of it. A desire to limit time spent on the Internet means I will be cutting back on that. Not a hard thing to do, since I was already well into the process of doing so.

While things have been improving, you could not judge that by today. Not a good day and the crossword puzzle and Audiosurf confirmed it. Though I did slip into tired and stubborn mode playing the latter, which led to playing too many rounds of it while getting worse scores with each play. It occurs to me that behavior is much like a little kid refusing to admit he is tired and does not need to go to bed. I guess some things never change.

No comments: