Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spam, Spam, Spam, Lovely Spam…

After the temporary stats outage at Blogger last Sunday, I had vague hope against hope that something was being done about the referral spam. Of course I knew better, but it was a nice dream. So a couple more referral spam links have shown up since then and racked up 37 hits between them.

itpaystoday . TextCashNetwork . com has been the most prevalent, not to mention most obvious. There must be a sucker born every other minute (birth rates are down, you know) in order for these operations to keep going. It boggles my mind that people fall for it. It is out of Russia like so many of the others.

The other spammer has trickip . net for an address. There is a faint possibility this is not referral spam, but there is no way I am clicking on anything that has a name like that. Not even sandboxing the browser is enough to convince me to do it.

No comments: