Monday, December 09, 2013

Health 12-9-2013

For once, I have something positive to record. After musing over the successes I had in boosting my health fourteen years ago, I decided to recreate some of what I did then rather than what’s considered medically sound.

Step one was going back to using NADH no matter the financial drain and after taking it for eighteen months I can say it has helped with improved memory and alertness.

Step two began Friday after I remembered how I used to do weight training. Instead of doing it every other day like you are supposed to, the routine is being done daily. In fact, I just completed todays sets with some amazement that they weren’t very difficult.

Four days in a row, which equals the total number of preceding workouts this year, if I haven’t forgotten any. Close enough for government work.

Perfection in pulling it off every day is not expected due to health problems, but this is a good start. In the short term, the hope is that back and neck problems will improve. Long term will result in a host of benefits, if my body doesn’t completely rebel against the routine.

2 comments:

TheArtistAsian said...

Sounds good that your health is getting better.

Patrick D. Boone said...

Thanks, the last couple of years have been setbacks so now I have to see how long this good stretch lasts. Such is life with a chronic illness.

I still find it amazing how much the perception of how much thing that I pick up weigh changes after resuming weight training. Little victories.